Friday, August 8, 2014

Dragon Loves Penguin by Debi Gliori




Sometimes things happen for a reason...

When one dragon in need of an egg discovers a lonely egg abandoned on an ice-floe, a delightfully heart-warming relationship develops.


                        Star Rating








I received this book from the publishers for an open and honest review.

Let me start by saying this could possibly be one of the cutest books I have ever read!!
Having recently performed an end of year play entitled 'Eddie The Penguin Saves The World', my Year 2 class have read an awful lot of penguin themed books recently and this is up there with the best. 

Dragon Loves Penguin begins at bedtime with Bib asking his mummy for a bedtime story. It is worth mentioning here that Bib is the CUTEST PENGUIN EVER and had my class oohing and ahhing from the start. The story his mother tells involves tales of dragons, fire and volcanoes and includes enough danger to keep even the boys in my class interested. 

The revelation at the end of this book is both unexpected and charming and had my class gasping in delight. The story deals with important issues such as bullying and accepting people who are different. The illustrations are beautiful with a different crayon type look to them. This book certainly melted our hearts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment